Monday, June 25, 2007

Birthday laughs

Bino found the birthday horns hilarious. See? (I love his laugh. And his five little teeth. And everything.)



I can remember our first day together so clearly. It was before discovering he was in trouble, before they took him away from me and off to the intensive care unit. After they cleaned him up and checked him, they brought Daniel into the room with me. Since Pedro and I hadn't had time to decide on an official name yet, we christened him Bino (short for bambino). Pedro had to leave after a while to go home and finish unpacking so that the apartment would be presentable for the grandparents' visit, and so I had Bino all to myself for several hours. He and I snoozed together off and on throughout the afternoon and into the evening. In my waking moments, I watched him, cooed at him, snuggled him, marveled at him. Cynics might attribute some of this to the effect of all the drugs they were giving me, but everything seem enveloped in a haze of wellbeing and happiness. I can still feel that.

What a year it has been. He's brought so much joy to my life, and to Pedro's, to this new life we're sharing together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home